- Collaborative with the subject matter specialist of the State Agriculture Universities/scientists of the Regional Research Station, NARP and the State Extension personnel in ‘On farm Testing/Trial” for refining and documenting technologies level for developing region specific sustainable land use systems.
- Organize trainings to update the extension personnel in the emerging advances in agricultural research on regular basic.
- Organize long term and short-term vocational training courses in agriculture and allied vocations for the rural youths and practicing farmers with emphasis on “learning by doing” generating self-employment through intuitional financing.
- Organize front line demonstrations on various crops to generate production data and feedback information.
- To provide technological feedback to the research system.
Other Extension Activities
- Training : The KVK provide skill oriented training to farmers, farm women, rural youth and extension functionaries.
- Demonstration : On farm and front line demonstrations including crop production with organic fertilizers, improved verities and using IPM module are regularly conducted at the KVK and on farmers field.
- On Farm Testing : To help farmers understand and resolved the major problems the face with regard to their crops, on farm testing is conducted on farmer’s field to demonstrate problem solving methods and also benefits of new agricultural techniques.
- Farmers Scientist Interaction (FSI) : Meeting of farmers and scientist of the KVK are organized on farmer’s field, that attempt to offer sustainable and affordable solutions all traditional and seasonal problems face to farmers.
- Field Days : Field days are organized on farmers field that have shown the best results with new crop verities where all farmers and farm women are invited and the farmers himself explains what he did and what results he achieved.
- Kisan Mela : An annual two days Kisan Mela is organized at the KVK where all activities are demonstrated and competitions and prizes are distributed in most adoptable technology of farmers. Government and district line departments and NGO’s also participate in the Mela and exhibit their activities.
- Diagnostic Field Visit : Scientists of the KVK visit all selected and non-selected villages during cropping time to evaluate and check farmer’s field performance and suggest solutions to many crops problems that might be present.
- Farmer’s Exposure Visit : Farmers are regularly brought to the KVK’s demonstration unit to show and teach them new and improved farming techniques and also taken on visits to agricultural research station.
- Mushroom Cultivation : The KVK identify and propagate the cultivation of Mushroom in the target area.
Priority Thrust Area of Krishi Vigyan Kendra, Ghazipur 2
|| Seed Production
|| Oil Seeds : Narendra Agati Rai-4
Groundnut : Amber and Til: T-78
Pulses:Pigeon Pea : NA-1,2 Lentil: NL-1,2
Green Gram: NM-1
Maize: Hybrid shaktiman-1
Wheat:NDW- 1012, 1014, PBW-343
Vegetables: Chilli, Tomato, cole crops, Okra, Onion, Ginger, Turmeric, Garlic cucurbits, Musk melon, Water melon etc.
Fruits: Guava, Banana, Litchi, Mango, papaya and karonda, etc. Agro-forestry: Teak, Seesam, poplar, eucalyptous, soobabool etc.
|| Transfer of Technology
|| Zero tillage and raised bed planting techniques.
Raising techniques of fruits and agro-forestry plants.
Raising technique of vegetable saplings.
Storage techniques of food grain.
Organic farming by producing organic manure such as NADEP, CPP &Vermi Compost.
IPM Techniques for the control of pest and disease in crops and fruit trees.